This is the perfect time to start fresh with your weight loss efforts
If you’re looking for some tips to make this year better than last year you’ve come to the right place. In fact, with a few simple steps you can make this your best year yet. Let’s look to the future and what is possible for this year.
Here are my 8 tips to make this your best year yet:
- Set your intention…Be clear on what you want to achieve and how you are going to succeed. If you want to lose weight and get healthy this year, then start to think and act like a healthy person and you will become one.
- Take responsibility for where you’re at right now… Look at how you live your life. What areas need improving? If you want to make changes to your health, then you must change some of the habits that have caused you to be unhealthy in the first place. Be honest with yourself and let go of whatever is holding you back.
- Set some goals… Make sure they pass the SMART test – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timebound. Then ask yourself how you are going to achieve these goals. For weight loss, you may have to make better food choices or cut down on how much you eat and maybe you need to move more.
- Be positive… It’s so easy to gain weight but losing weight can seem a huge task. No matter how hard you think it is, being overweight is harder. I guarantee that it is worth the effort in the end if you want to be rid of those extra rolls and bulges. You deserve to have energy, vitality and a life of wellness.
- Embrace change… Remember if you don’t change anything, nothing will change.
- Know your why… How will it ‘feel’ to be in your healthy weight range? How will life be different? On days when you feel unmotivated, think back to your ‘why’ so you don’t give up.
- Stop talking about it and just do it… Think about what your life will look like in one year, then five years if you don’t start now. Is that how you want your life to be? Every small change is a step in the right direction to get your health back on track.
- No more excuses… If you want to be trim, taut and terrific then quit making excuses about why you don’t have time to make healthy meals or to exercise. Make it a priority! Plan your meals each week and commit to at least 4-5 exercise sessions, it will really help you get to your goal weight.
You can achieve great things! Get started and don’t stop until you reach your goal. Your future is in your hands, I hope that this year is all you dream it could be and more.
Want more? Here’s my 10 tips to be more organised