A positive attitude can change your life
I thrive on positivity and consider myself a ‘glass as half full’ kind of girl! Having a healthy attitude was a huge help when I was losing my weight. I also believe that being positive played a big part in helping me maintain my weight loss long-term.
A positive attitude can change your life. Instead of saying negative things about your weight, put a positive spin on it and own the fabulous you that is becoming a healthy person.
Nothing positive ever came out of having a negative mindset. Perhaps you’ve been quite negative in the past, focussing on what you are missing out on when losing weight rather than focusing on what you will gain.
A negative attitude might just be what has stopped you from succeeding in the past, so here are my five tips to create a healthy attitude:
- Look for the benefits – It’s impossible to lose weight when you focus on how unhappy you are with your weight or how hard it is to lose. Having a positive attitude will help you transform and achieve your weight loss goals.
- Acknowledge your negative thoughts and feelings – If need be write them down. Then beside each negative, write a positive statement. For example, “I’m missing out on cheesecake” then beside it write something like “yes but I will fit into those size 10 jeans.”
- Be your own cheer squad – Support yourself to see this journey to the end. Celebrate your wins no matter how small. I often hear people say things like “I only lost half a kilo this week” – hey a loss is a loss, celebrate it!
- Visualise being a healthy person – See yourself eating healthy food, planning meals ahead and shopping wisely. Imagine you’re a slim healthy person who loves life.
- Picture yourself at goal weight – Imagine what it will feel like to be carrying less weight on your body. See, feel, believe!
Everything starts as a thought, decide right now to think about the journey ahead as a pleasant rewarding adventure. Sure, there will be bad days, we all have those, but with the right mental attitude it will be so much easier to get back on track.
And if you do fall off the wagon, don’t stay there! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and say “this is not how the story ends.”
One of my favourite quotes is … “If it is to be, it is up to me.” So tell me, what do you plan to create this year?
For your daily dose of positivity be sure to follow me on my Facebook page. I write positive thoughts Monday to Friday and share free recipes too.