5 quick meals ideas (plus desserts)
We all know that being organized and planning ahead are important for staying on track. But even the best laid plans can go astray sometimes. Having ingredients available for quick easy dinners will get you out of trouble when you can’t be bothered cooking or need to make a meal in a hurry.
The basics that I have on hand are eggs, baked beans, canned tomatoes and canned salmon. Canned soup is another good staple thing to have in your pantry. Freeze your leftover bread too.
Check out my ideas for quick easy dinners:
- Use eggs to make an omelette or frittata. Just whisk up some eggs and add in whatever vegetables you have available
- Save leftovers. These can really save the day so don’t throw them out. Put in small containers and freeze for later use. Leftover mashed potato can be mixed with a can of salmon, some diced onion and parsley to make Salmon Patties.
- Keep baked beans in the pantry. For a tasty meal, finely dice any vegetables you have. Microwave for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking, add the beans and heat to warm the beans. Serve over a potato or on toast.
- Use leftover rice to make fried rice. Add in any fresh or frozen veggies, whisk up an egg and add to the mix then dice up some leftover meat and toss it through.
- Make jaffles or toasted sandwiches. Use whatever you have in the pantry or fridge. Check out book 5 for heaps of tasty sandwich fillings.
Prefer to follow a recipe?
Try my Curry in a Hurry from book 5 it’s a super easy, tasty one pot recipe that will be on the table in no time at all.
The recipe pictured above is my Honey Soy Chicken from book 3.
What about dessert?
Or, keep it simple with canned fruit in natural juice served with low fat custard. And, for a warm option, pie apple with a sprinkle of cinnamon is nice in a jaffle 🙂