My fabulous NEW cookbook is available now 😊
I’m super excited to say that the wait is over! My fabulous NEW cookbook – More Cooking for 1 or 2 people – is available NOW! Have you got your copy?
When Billy and I became ‘empty nesters’ some years ago, we had to make a few changes and cooking meals for just two people was a little difficult to get used to, especially when the recipes in my cookbooks were aimed at families.
And I knew I wasn’t alone. So, I set about writing a cookbook and released Cooking for 1 or 2 people back in December 2018. It’s perfect for those of you who, like us, are cooking for just one or two. And I wasn’t wrong, it became an instant best seller.
Since then, I’ve had many requests for another Cooking for 1 or 2 people cookbook. So, a few months ago I set about creating fabulous new recipes and converting some more recipes from the original 7 cookbooks. And my next cookbook – More Cooking for 1 or 2 people – started to take shape.
I asked my newsletter and Facebook subscribers to tell me which recipes they’d like to see converted in my new cookbook and got lots of wonderful suggestions, many of which will grace the pages of this edition.
This cookbook has been a labour of love, as all my cookbooks have been, and I’ve poured so much passion into creating every deliciously healthy recipe for you.
I’ve thought about what’s current and set about making and taste-testing for you, and I’m pleased to say there are fabulous new recipes in every section.
My Thai Curry in a Hurry is a fresh new take on my Chicken in a Hurry and Curry in a Hurry – my best friend loves this one.
I made the Asparagus, Snow Pea and Almond Salad for lunch with friends. The next day, one friend messaged me to say she couldn’t stop thinking about the salad and asked for the recipe. I knew I was on a winner with that one.
My eldest daughter, Kellie, initially refused to test the Vanilla Slice because she didn’t believe it could be low fat and taste great… but she has since changed her tune saying, “wow Mum, this is a really great Vanilla Slice.”
When Dianne asked me my favourite recipes from this book, I rattled off about 10 – Beef and Vegetable Risoni, Apricot Chicken Stir Fry (a modern twist on an old favourite), Chicken Quesadillas, Vanilla Slice, Pavlova and of course… my Lamington Fairy Cakes to name a few. I could go on as there are so many that I just love 😊
And then there’s your all-time favourite recipes from books 1-7 that I converted to 2 serves. I’m happy to say the Macaroni Beef that once served 6 now serves 2. Plus, the Bacon Egg Potato Salad, Beef Chow Sym, Potato Meat Pie and Custard Tart all serve 2 in this new cookbook.
BUT THERE’S MORE 😊
There are so many reasons to love this new cookbook:
- Recipes for healthy entertaining – so you don’t revert to high fat, high calorie recipes when entertaining, my NEW Baked Lime Cheesecake is sure to impress
- Meat free meals – wait until you try my Mushroom Sausage Rolls and check out the vegetarian variations that accompany many of the main meals
- Healthy frozen meals – as always there’s a guide to freezing included on every recipe but as most of the recipes serve 2, your freezer won’t be bulging with leftovers
- Easy to find ingredients available in your supermarket make shopping a breeze
- Difficulty ratings for every recipe so you know whether to attempt a new recipe or wait until you have more time. Most recipes in this new book are 1 star difficulty – they’re that easy.
- Full nutritional breakdown to help you manage your health concerns as per your healthcare professional’s advice
- Suggestions for using up ingredients with my ingredient cross reference list in the front of the book
- Dietitian’s Tips to guide you on the health benefits of each recipe
When can you buy this NEW cookbook?
It’s available now on my website and can be purchased through good bookstores (they can order through our distributor Woodslane if they don’t have it in stock) 😊