Let’s look at quick, easy ways to include a healthy breakfast in your eating plan.
If you’re finding that your life is a little hectic, watch that it doesn’t derail your healthy eating plan. One of the first things that happens is we start to skip breakfast because we feel that there isn’t enough time.
Here’s 3 good reasons not to skip breakfast
- It kick-starts your metabolism
- It provides energy
- Plus you’ll have better concentration which will improve your productivity during the morning.
So, skipping breakfast is not the answer to combating a busy schedule and, as always, I have some solutions.
If you aren’t a big fan of breakfast, then start small – for example a glass of fruit juice or a piece of toast.
Perhaps you’ve ended up in a rut with breakfast, grabbing the same old thing every morning. And while that serves a purpose, boredom can be the very reason we start skipping the most important meal of the day.
Let’s look at some ways to add variety to your breakfast
- High fibre cereal with skim milk
- White egg omelette filled with mushrooms, tomato, spinach and herbs
- Fruit toast or multi-grain muffins spread with low fat margarine
- Fruit smoothie
- Diet yoghurt with fresh or canned fruit
Have you tried my Premium Breakfast Shakes?
There’s also samples to try HERE
What about toast?
When it comes to toast I recommend the Tip Top 9 Grain bread (sandwich slice not toast) spread with a small amount of low fat margarine.
Here’s some toast toppers:
- Eggs, poached not fried
- Baked Beans
- Low fat cheese and sliced tomato
- Cottage cheese, cinnamon and honey
- Peanut butter and banana
- BLT; short cut bacon, lettuce and tomato
Need a quick breakfast?
If you need something to pack and eat on the run, make my Savoury Muffins (book 2) or Tomato Bacon Muffins (book 7) and freeze in individual portions. A banana or apple are also great to eat on the way out the door.
My Premium Breakfast Shakes are a quick, healthy start to the day and are packed with extra vitamins and minerals to replenish a depleted body. They’re great on their own or add your favourite fruit and blend it for 30 seconds.
Did you know I now have samples of my Premium Breakfast Shakes available on my website? Check them out HERE
Things to avoid or only have occasionally include:
- Greasy fried food
- High sugar cereals
- Drive through breakfast options – these are laden with calories and unhealthy fats and won’t sustain you through the morning
A few final thoughts
Remember a cup of coffee is not breakfast! If you’re still not sure what to have for breakfast, go to my breakfast section in book 3. No matter how busy life gets, don’t skip breakfast. You’ll feel so much better for it.