If you’ve found a few extra kilos over winter, don’t wait another minute to start losing them.
Thankfully the coldest part of the year is behind us. But before we know it, we’ll be heading to the beach on weekends and Christmas will be on our doorstep. With just over 15 weeks to Christmas, it’s time to kick-start your spring weight loss today.
We know it’s a great time to spring clean the house – but what about your health? If your eating plan went off track during the colder months, you may need to do a spring clean of your mindset and shift your focus to slimming down for summer.
It’s time to face the music. Here’s three things to do now:
- Step on the scales and write down the number
- Try on your favourite summer outfit from last year and see how it fits. Facing reality now before summer hits is a great way to avoid having nothing that fits.
- Write a food diary for a week and identify any problem foods and drinks.
Now that you have faced the reality of where you’re at, read my 8 tips to get you on track to good health:
- Clean out your pantry and fridge. Discard all foods that are not helping you to be the healthy person you want to be.
- Plan ahead. Write a menu plan and use it to write your shopping list for the week. Grab some delicious free recipes here.
- Forget stodgy stews, choose lean meat or fish. Light the barbeque, as grilling over an open flame helps allow the fat to escape and is so much healthier.
- Enjoy seasonal fruits. 2-3 serves a day is enough.
- Include lots of seasonal vegetables and salads. Aim for 5 serves each day.
- Include two fish meals each week. Fish is loaded with omega 3’s and low in fat; enjoy fresh fish grilled or pan fried in a little low fat margarine and a sprinkle of your favourite herbs.
- Schedule in some exercise. If exercise has gone by the wayside over winter, it’s time to start moving again.
- Check your water intake. If you have been a bit slack with your water intake over winter then now is the perfect time to get back to the routine of having 8 glasses of water a day.
Don’t wait another day or another week. Starting now means you’ll be ready for summer!