Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 1
- Make jelly up as directed on packet. Refrigerate.
- Place milk, custard powder, sugar and essence into a medium size saucepan, blend with a whisk. Stir constantly until mixture boils. Place a sheet of cling wrap over top of custard to avoid getting a skin on top. Refrigerate until cooled.
- Cut peaches into small pieces.
- Slice rollettes thinly then place around base and edge of a deep glass bowl. Sprinkle port over rollettes (optional).
- Spoon peaches over cake then pour cooled custard on top.
- Mash set jelly using a fork and spread evenly over top of custard. Refrigerate until required.
Variation: For an even ‘sympler’ version replace custard mix with 600ml carton of low-fat custard or replace tinned peaches with your choice of fruit equaling 2½ cups. For an alcohol free option replace port or sherry with orange juice.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
Without the alcohol this is great family dessert or when guests are over for dinner.