Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 1
Preheat oven 180 C fan forced.
- Microwave vegetables, except mushrooms in a little water on high for 8 minutes, drain.
- Stir mushrooms, garlic and crushed tomatoes into cooked vegetables. Pepper to taste. Leave mix to one side.
- Combine cottage cheese, basil, ⅓ cup parmesan cheese and tomato paste in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Coat a lasagne dish with cooking spray, spread ⅓ of vegetable mixture over base. Top with 2 lasagne sheets, spread ½ of vegetable mix on top, cover with ½ of cottage cheese mixture. Repeat this again.
- Sprinkle extra parmesan cheese evenly over top. Place a layer of baking paper over a sheet of foil then baking paper side down cover top of lasagne. This will help avoid cheese from sticking.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, remove foil, cook a further 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
NOTE: An ideal dish for vegetarians.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
Scroll down to watch me cook this recipe
The high protein alternatives and low fat cheeses make this an ideal dish for vegetarians who have diabetes.
Watch me make it here
Note: Competitions and promotions are closed. For your chance to win prizes, watch my weekly cooking show – Thursdays With Annette – on my Symply Too Good Facebook page, 2pm each Thursday.