Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 5
- Sauté garlic, onion, capsicum, carrot and celery in a large non-stick saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray, for 5 minutes.
- Drain tuna and break up pieces so they are not too large, add to pan.
- Mix in stock powder, dill, tomato paste, soup and water stirring well. Bring to boil then reduce to a slow boil for 3 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Bread top: Cut each bread roll into six slices.
- Combine garlic and margarine in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the bread slices.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top. Sprinkle a light coating of paprika over each slice. Place under griller until top is toasted. Place three slices on top of each serve.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
Tuna is naturally low in fat and saturated fat when compared to other protein foods and provides omega-3 fatty acids. It is an excellent food for people with diabetes and heart disease.