Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 1
- Lay out one sheet of filo pastry and cut into 3 pieces width ways. Place one on top of the other, spraying with cooking spray between each sheet. Repeat this with remaining 3 sheets.
- Coat a heated sandwich or jaffle maker with cooking spray then lay one of the prepared sheets over the base of the jaffle maker. Add filling on top of pastry filling each segment.
- Place another prepared sheet of pastry over top of pie apple. Spray with cooking spray and close lid.
- After 3 minutes open lid and sprinkle a little sugar over top of each turnover. Continue to cook a few more minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Repeat this process with remaining 2 prepared sheets of filo.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
Using the fruit filling in the low fat filo pastry makes this a healthy dessert.