Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 3
- Cut lamb into strips then sauté in a non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray until lamb is nearly cooked. Remove from pan and leave to one side.
- Toast almonds on a sheet of foil placed under the griller until browned, leave to one side.
- Coat frypan again then fry ginger, garlic, onion, apple and sultanas and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cardamom, cumin, coriander, turmeric and stock powder into pan and coat ingredients with spices. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and combine.
- Mix cornflour with milks and essence, add to frypan, stir continuously. Once boiled take off heat as evaporated milk can separate when over boiled.
- Add lamb back to pan, once boiled serve. Sprinkle almonds over each serve.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles (for a lower carb count use glass noodles). Not included in nutritional information.
Variation: To reduce fat count omit almonds and save 2.3g fat per serve.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Scroll down to watch me cook this recipe
Having trouble finding Coconut Essence? It’s available HERE on my website.
Almonds are high in fibre, protein and mostly monounsaturated fat. A heart friendly food.
Watch me make it here
Note: Competitions and promotions are closed. For your chance to win prizes, watch my weekly cooking show – Thursdays With Annette – on my Symply Too Good Facebook page, 2pm each Thursday.