Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 2
- Cut drained pineapple pieces in half. Leave to one side.
- Brown pork in a non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Add onion, carrot, capsicum and celery, cook 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, soy sauce, sugar, five spice, stock powder, tomato sauce, tomato paste and drained pineapple pieces.
- Blend pineapple juice with cornflour then add to pan. Cook a further 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked to your liking.
NOTE: Serve with rice or pasta or for a lower carb option use glass noodles. Not included in nutritional information below.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
Scroll down to watch me cook this recipe
The Dietary Guidelines for Australians advise us to reduce added sugar in our eating plan. This sweet tasting recipe has much less sugar than the traditional recipe making it a good choice for people with diabetes.
Watch me make it here
Note: Competitions and promotions are closed. For your chance to win prizes, watch my weekly cooking show – Thursdays With Annette – on my Symply Too Good Facebook page, 2pm each Thursday.