Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 6
- Meatballs: Soak breadcrumbs in a small bowl with milk for 2 minutes.
- Place all meatball ingredients into bowl, use your hands to help combine all ingredients.
- Roll mixture into 36 balls. Leave to one side.
- Sauce: Sauté onion, capsicum and garlic in a large saucepan that has been generously coated with cooking spray and for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock powder, tomato puree, tomato paste, water, basil and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil stirring frequently then gently drop meatballs into sauce. Shake the pot gently to help the meatballs to get covered by the sauce. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally but be gentle with the meatballs to avoid them breaking up while cooking.
- Assemble: Cook spaghetti according to the instructions on back of packet. Rinse well then divide into six equal serves then top with sauce and 6 meatballs per serving. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional).
Suitable to be frozen.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Note from Annette: Do I have a little Italian blood in me? No, but you’ve guessed it, I love Italian food, so I had to do my version of this classic dish. Bellissimo!
A great way to include lean meat in your eating plan. The Dietary Guidelines for Australians recommends at least two serves of red meat a week.