Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 2
- Microwave vegetables in a little water on high for 10 minutes.
- Fry mince in large saucepan or boiler that has been coated with cooking spray until cooked.
- Add stock powder, Gravox powder, tomato sauce, Worcestershire and water, stir together well.
- Once boiled add drained cooked vegetables, put lid on and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (be careful that mixture does not stick to base of pot). Leave in saucepan.
- Potato top: Peel and dice potatoes. Microwave in a little water until cooked (about 12-15 minutes). Once cooked drain, mash with skim milk.
- Re-heat mince mixture then pour into a large lasagne dish.
- Place spoonfuls of mashed potato over top of meat using a spoon and fork; run fork over top to flatten potato.
- Sprinkle top with grated cheese, place under grill until browned.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
The potato provides ample carbohydrate for people with diabetes. To make this a complete meal simply add tomato sauce and green vegetables.