Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 4
- Potato Top: Dice potatoes then microwave in a little water until cooked. Drain well then add 2 tablespoons skim milk and mash using a potato masher until smooth, leave to one side.
- Filling: Sauté onion and garlic in a medium sized saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray for 2 minutes.
- Combine cornflour with evaporated milk and skim milks then add to saucepan, bring to boil.
- Roughly break up salmon then add to saucepan with parsley and parmesan cheese, mix well. Pepper to taste.
- Assemble: Pour mixture into a small lasagne or casserole dish then top with mashed potato. Place spoonfuls of mashed potato over top of salmon mix. (using a fork to help spread potato evenly over the top).
- Sprinkle grated cheese over potato then place under griller until browned on top.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Salmon contains essential fatty acids, essential for people with diabetes.