Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 4
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Cut onion in quarters then slice thinly.
- Sauté chicken with the garlic and ginger in a large non-stick wok or frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray until chicken is nearly cooked. Remove from pan and leave to one side.
- Sauté onion, carrots, beans, zucchini and cauliflower in same frypan and coat generously with cooking spray and cook 2 minutes.
- Add Panaeng paste stir well, cook 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are just cooked.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and basil to pan with cooked chicken.
- Combine cornflour, evaporated milk, skim milk and coconut essence in a small bowl then pour into pan, stir continuously Once boiled take off heat as evaporated milk can separate when over boiled.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles (for a lower carb count use glass noodles). Not included in nutritional information below.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Variation: Omit peanuts and reduce fat count by 2.3g per serve
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Having trouble finding Coconut Essence? It’s available HERE on my website.
Coconut essence and evaporated milk provide a low saturated fat alternative to coconut milk.