Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 3
- Before you start make sure your milk is chilled.
- Blend cottage cheese in a food processor until very smooth, add mango and process until combined, slowly add sugar and blend until dissolved.
- Beat evaporated milk in a large mixing bowl using an electric beater until thick and stiff (about 5 minutes).
- Beat the mango mixture into the milk until blended.
- Dissolve gelatine into boiling water, stirring together until gelatine has dissolved then add to the mango mixture and beat until all ingredients are well combined. Leave to set in refrigerator.
Variation: Replace canned mango with any canned fruit in natural juice of your choice.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Not suitable to be frozen.
Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukaemia and prostate cancers.