Difficulty | Serves 6 as a side dish | Book 3
- Cook rice as instructed on packet. Once cooked rinse and drain well. Spread out on tray and leave to dry for at least 1 hour.
- Beat egg and egg white with milk in a small bowl.
- Fry bacon in a non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray. Once cooked remove and leave to one side.
- Re-spray frypan and cook egg mix, remove from pan.
- Re-spray frypan again and add cooked rice, shallots, peas, prawns, cooked bacon and egg mix, combine well.
- Add soy sauce to pan and fold through rice. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
Salt reduced soy sauce helps to reduce the sodium of meals that contain other high sodium products like bacon and prawns.