Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 7
- Cut each breast in two (width way) then flatten each piece to make four thin schnitzels.
- Place chicken into a large zip lock plastic bag with buttermilk making sure that all pieces of chicken are covered. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Combine breadcrumbs with stock powder then pour onto a flat plate. Lift a schnitzel onto crumbs keeping milk coating on the chicken then press into crumbs. Sprinkle top of chicken with crumbs and turn. Coat well then repeat process with remaining chicken pieces.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan then spray top of each schnitzel placing sprayed side down into pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat (If you have the heat too high it will burn the crumbs), then spray tops of chicken and turn over cooking for a further 5 minutes.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen
Panko originated in Japan and is made from bread baked by passing an electric current through the dough. It has a crisper, airier texture than most types of bread and resists absorbing oil or grease when fried, resulting in a crisper, lighter and healthier coating.