Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 2
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Flatten chicken breasts using a meat mallet until double in size. Cut each piece into 2 so that you have 4 pieces in total.
- Place each piece on a baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Place equal amounts of ham slices over each piece of chicken.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato paste over top of each piece.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese over top of each piece of chicken, then bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
At last a chicken parmigiana that tastes like you find at the pub but without the being high in fat. This is a great choice for people with diabetes who are aiming for weight loss.