Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 7
- Filling: Microwave all frozen vegetables in 1 cup water for 10 minutes on high.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces then place into a large saucepan or boiler that has been coated with cooking spray. Sauté chicken for 2 minutes then add garlic and onion, cook a further 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Drain water off cooked vegetables then add to pot.
- Add cornflour to skim milk with soup mix and blend together then pour into pot with evaporated milk stirring continuously until mixture has boiled. Add pepper to taste and leave on low temperature until potato is ready.
- Potato top: Peel potatoes then cut into small dice.
- Microwave on high in a little water until cooked (about 12-15 minutes) on high.
- Once cooked drain then mash potato. Add margarine and milk and continue to mash until smooth.
- Assemble: Place heated filling into a large lasagne dish (22 x 33cm). Using a spoon and fork place small dobs of potato over top of filling then run a fork over top to blend potato evenly.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over potato then place under grill until cheese has browned.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Scroll down to watch me cook this recipe
Asparagus is packed with antioxidants, ranking among the top fruits and vegetables for its ability to neutralise cell-damaging free radicals. Research suggests that this slows down the aging process.
Watch me make it here
Note: Competitions and promotions are closed. For your chance to win prizes, watch my weekly cooking show – Thursdays With Annette – on my Symply Too Good Facebook page, 2pm each Thursday.