Difficulty | Makes 12 | Book 2
Preheat oven 200ºC fan forced.
- Beat egg whites and sugar in a medium size mixing bowl for 1 minute using an electric beater.
- Stir bicarb into apple sauce (it will froth) then add to bowl.
- Combine milk with melted margarine then add to mix stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Place mashed banana into bowl and mix together.
- Gently fold sifted flour into mixture in one go, treat as a sponge, DO NOT BEAT, as this will make the muffins tough. The less the mixture is moved, the lighter the muffins will be.
- Carefully fold blueberries into mixture.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray then spoon into prepared muffin tin dividing equally into 12 cups. Bake 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch in centre. Leave to rest for a few minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen
Scroll down to watch me make them
This snack contains about the same carbohydrate and kilojoules as a bread roll or two slices of bread. People with diabetes may like to have this as their breakfast with low fat milk or a fruit juice.