Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 3
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Sauté mince in a large saucepan that has been generously coated with cooking spray. When cooked drain and place in a bowl, leave to one side.
- Add all remaining ingredients to saucepan except the tortilla sheets and cheese. Bring mixture to boil, simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of the tomato sauce and leave to one side (this will go on the top).
- Add the mince back into the pot, bring to boil.
- Lay 1 tortilla sheet on the base of a quiche or pie plate (23cm) that has been coated with cooking spray and spread 1½ cups of mince sauce over sheet, repeat this 3 times. Top with last tortilla sheet and cover with reserved tomato sauce, sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese has browned.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Variations: Replace beef mince with 600g of lean chicken mince.
Suitable to be frozen.
A tasty Mexican feast minus the fat and lower in sodium (salt).