Difficulty | Makes 6 | Book 7
- Combine mince with egg white in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove fat off bacon then cut into small dice. Using your hands mix in the bacon and onion, then add all remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Shape into 6 patties then coat tops of burgers with cooking spray then lay sprayed side down into a large non-stick frypan, cook for 4-5 minutes. Before turning spray tops of patties then turn.
- Cook a further 4-5 minutes or until browned. Don’t have heat too high as this may burn the burgers.
- Once patty is cooked through serve either in a multi-grain bread roll with salad or on its own with salad or vegetables. Not included in nutritional information below.
Variation: Replace beef mince with 500g lean chicken mince.
Suitable to be frozen
Including the roll and salad makes a complete meal that is high in fibre, moderate in protein and carbohydrate and low in saturated fat.