Difficulty | Serves 10 | Book 3
- Place almonds onto a sheet of foil under griller and toast. Be careful as they burn easily. Leave to one side.
- Place sesame seeds onto a sheet of foil under griller like almonds and toast. They will brown quickly so keep an eye on them.
- Combine dressing, soy sauce and sugar in a small container that has a lid. Shake until sugar has dissolved.
- Wash cabbage well then remove core and finely slice. Place into a large mixing bowl with celery and shallots.
- When ready to serve add the sesame seeds and almonds, folding through cabbage mix then fold in noodles.
Pour dressing over cabbage and combine. Serve.
NOTE: Don’t add the noodles until ready to eat as they will go soft.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Not suitable to be frozen.
Chinese cabbage is a good source of vitamin A and vitamin C and is low in kilojoules.