Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book - MORE COOKING FOR 1 OR 2 PEOPLE
- Microwave 1 cup or the skim milk (keep remaining milk to add later) for 2 minutes, then blend soup sachet into milk. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place frozen vegetables into a microwave safe dish with a little water for 5 minutes, then drain well. Leave to one side
- Remove the drumstick and wing from the chicken (not used in this recipe). Remove the skin, stuffing and bones from the chicken, dice into bite size pieces.
- Sauté garlic, ginger and onion for 2 minutes in a large saucepan that has been generously coated with cooking spray.
- Add vegetables and chilli jam to pot and toss together.
- Add soup milk and soy sauce, stir and bring to boil. Add diced chicken, gently fold together.
- Combine remaining milk with cornflour, add to pot, combine well. Bring to boil then serve.
Note: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles (for a lower carb count use glass noodles). Not included in nutritional information.
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
This recipe is designed for the main meal of the day. It is high in protein which is great for building tissues including organ tissue and muscles. Do watch your salt intake of your other food choices on the day you have this meal. This is particularly relevant if you have high blood pressure.