Difficulty | Makes 12 | Book 7
Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl for 1 minute using an electric beater.
- Combine milk with melted margarine then mix into egg whites.
- Add almond meal into mix on slow speed.
- Add sift icing sugar and flour into the bowl, then gently fold together using a wooden spoon. DO NOT BEAT as this will make the friands tough. The less the mixture is moved the lighter the friands.
- Coat a 12-cup friand tin with cooking spray, then spoon equal amounts into 12 holes.
- Place about 3 raspberries in each friand. Press raspberries down so they are covered with mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until firm to touch on the centre. Leave in pan for a few minutes before turning friands out onto a wire rack to cool.
Suitable to be frozen.
Berry colours are due to natural plant pigments in their skin and seeds. The antioxidants found in berries help to protect us against cancer.
This recipe is gluten free and will be loved by every member of the family. To make it dairy free, just swap the Flora Light for Nuttelex Lite and the skim milk for 98% fat-free unsweetened almond milk.