Difficulty | Serves 8 as a side dish | Book 6
Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Peel and slice potatoes thinly.
- Layer sliced potato over base of a medium sized lasagne dish (28cm x 19cm) that has been sprayed with cooking spray then cling wrap dish.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave and discard cling wrap.
- Combine milk, soup mix, garlic and parmesan cheese in a small mixing bowl.
- Pur over potato slices then top with grated tasty cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cheese is golden brown on top.
Variation: Replace potato with sweet potato for a LOW GI RATING
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Having some carbohydrate at each meal is important for people with type 2 diabetes and those wanting to manage their weight. Carbohydrate breaks down to glucose in your blood. Distributing your carbohydrate intake throughout the day gives you body the best chance of stable blood glucose levels.