Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 5
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices. Microwave potatoes with a little water on HIGH for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Meat sauce: Sauté garlic and mince in a large saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray, until cooked. Add onions, carrots, capsicum, celery, cook 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste and soup, combine well. Add stock powder, basil and pepper to taste. Slow boil for 3 minutes. Leave to one side.
- White sauce: Melt margarine in a medium size saucepan, add flour and combine. Slowly add warmed milk to pan using a whisk to avoid lumps. Add parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
- Place half the potato slices over base of a large lasagne dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Spread half the mince mixture over top of potato. Repeat this process.
- Spread white sauce over final mince layer, sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with a sheet of baking paper then with foil. Bake 45 minutes then remove paper/foil and bake 30 minutes or until potato is cooked through.
Suitable to be frozen.
This low fat white sauce containing cheese and milk provides additional calcium in our eating plan. We require 2 to 3 serves of dairy products a day to meet our target for calcium and help prevent osteoporosis.