Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 1
Preheat oven 200°C fan forced.
- Mix all ingredients, except filo pastry and tomato paste in a large bowl.
- Lay out one sheet of filo pastry and coat with cooking spray. Lay another sheet on top and coat with cooking spray. Repeat this process until all 8 sheets are used.
- Spread tomato paste in centre of filo pastry, spoon pizza filling on top.
- Spray edges with cooking spray then fold right and left edges inwards, spray again. Roll pastry and filling carefully into a strudel shape.
- Place strudel with fold side underneath on a baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray. Spray top of strudel with cooking spray, pierce top to let out steam. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately as pastry will soften when left.
NOTE: To crisp again, either place back in oven or under griller.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in More Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
This recipe is a bit high in sodium so have it occasionally if you have high blood pressure or diabetes.