Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 7
Preheat oven 200ºC fan forced.
- Sauté mince in a medium size non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray, until browned.
- Add onion, capsicum, corn and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add taco seasoning, cumin and chilli powder, combining well. Cook a further 1 minute, then leave to one side.
- Beat egg, egg whites and milk together in a medium size mixing bowl using an electric beater. Add flour and pepper and beat until well blended.
- Pour egg mix into a quiche or pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon mince mixture over top, then level.
- Cut tomatoes into slices and place on top of mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 35-40 minutes or until cheese has browned.
Suitable to be frozen.
Reduced-fat cheese contains the same nutrients as full-fat cheese, including calcium, zinc, vitamin A and D, but it is lower in total and saturated fat. Low-fat dairy products are always a great alternative to full-fat.