Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 2
Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Meat sauce: Cook mince in a large non-stick saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray. Drain liquid then return mince to pot.
- Add in carrots, zucchini, onion, peas and soup, cook 2 minutes stirring continuously. Add stock powder and tomato paste; cook a further 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Fold in cooked macaroni noodles and mix together well. Pour mixture into a lasagne dish.
- Topping: Melt margarine in saucepan, add flour, cook 1 minute. Slowly add warmed milk using a whisk to avoid lumps, stir continuously until boiling.
- Pour sauce over the meat, sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Suitable to be frozen.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in More Cooking for 1 or 2 people
The carbohydrate in the macaroni noodles is absorbed slowly into the body. This will give insulin ample time to take the sugar out of the blood and into the cells.