Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 5
- Microwave carrots, broccoli and celery with a little water on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Sauté chicken and garlic in a large non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray for 3 minutes. Add onion and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and add to pan, cook 2 minutes.
- Add stock powder, mustard and honey, mix well.
- Combine cornflour with evaporated milk, pour into pan stirring continuously. Once boiled take off heat as evaporated milk can separate when over boiled. Pepper to taste.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles or for a lower carb option use glass noodles. Not included in nutritional information.
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Honey adds a unique sweet flavour to foods. People with diabetes are free to add small amounts of honey to healthy recipes. This recipe contains loads of vegetables and lean meat; it is a healthy choice.