Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 5
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Filling: Microwave vegetables with a little water on high for 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Fry mince, garlic and onion in a large non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray until cooked. Add stock powder, tomato paste and cooked vegetables and combine well. Leave to cool.
- Assemble Using 1 filo sheet cut sheet into two long strips, spray pastry with cooking spray then place 1 sheet on top of the other.
- Place about ¾ cup of filling onto top corner of strip, fold mixture over to other side diagonally. Continue folding diagonally until you reach the end of the strip. Repeat this method until 4 pasties are made.
- Place pasties on a flat baking tray that has been generously with cooking spray then spray tops of pasties. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Suitable to be frozen.
NB: Image shown is for the pastry variation, not included here.
Using filo instead of normal pastry provides a quick, healthy meal low in fat and kilojoules making them ideal for those with heart disease or diabetes.