Difficulty | Serves 1 | Book 3
- Cut ham into thin strips.
- Beat egg whites in a medium size mixing bowl using an electric beater until stiff peaks form.
- Using a knife gently fold in cheese and ham.
- Pour mixture in the centre of a non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray. Cook for 3 minutes on moderate heat (the base will burn if heat is too high) until golden brown.
- Place pan under griller until omelette mix is lightly browned. Removed from griller then gently turn, cook a further 3 minutes or until cooked in centre.
Not suitable to be frozen.
A delicious omelette that is lower in saturated fat. Serve with 1 slice of low GI multigrain bread (not included in nutrition panel).