Difficulty | Serves 8 as a side dish | Book 5
Preheat oven 230°C fan forced.
- Salad: Sliced zucchinis and eggplants in 1cm slices.
- Cut capsicum in half, core and de-seed. Place skin side up on a baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray, spray tops of capsicum and bake 15 minutes. Leave to cool then remove skin from capsicum and cut into large dice, leave to one side.
- Place prepared zucchini, eggplant and sweet potato onto a flat baking tray that has been generously coated with cooking spray. Spray over vegetables, and place under hot griller until browned, turning once. Leave to one side.
- Couscous: Place couscous in a medium size saucepan (that has a lid), add boiling water and combine. Cook covered on low heat for 3 minutes. Using a fork, fluff couscous then fold margarine into mix.
- Cut onion in quarters then slice thinly. Cut sun-dried tomatoes in half.
- Dressing: Place all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and blend using a whisk.
- Place all salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl then pour dressing over salad then gently toss together.
Not suitable to be frozen.
This salad provides a great way to boost your vegetable intake. Aim for 5 serves of vegetables a day.