Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 4
Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Cut peach slices in half then combine with apple in a casserole dish.
- Crush Special K in a medium sized mixing bowl using either potato masher or your hands.
- Add flour, pecan nuts, oats, sugar and cinnamon and combine well.
- Combine milk with melted margarine then add to bowl and combine until you get a crumbled texture. You may need to use your hands.
- Sprinkle over top of fruit. Bake 30 minutes or until browned.
Suitable to be frozen.
Note: Previous versions of this recipe had a 400g can of pie apples, however in this most recent edition I have changed it to an 800g can and adjusted the nutritional breakdown accordingly. I just felt like it needed more apple.
Peaches and apples have a low glycaemic index and make an ideal dessert for people with diabetes.