Difficulty | Serves 6 as a side dish | Book 7
Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Tortilla strips: Cut each sheet into ½cm thin strips then cut strips in half.
- Place onto a flat baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over top and bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Leave to one side to cool.
- Dressing: Whisk ingredients together until blended.
- Assemble: Cut lettuce into large chunks. Place onto a large flat plate or platter.
- Remove the husk from corn then using a large sharp knife cut close to the core of the cob and slice corn kernels away.
- Sprinkle all salad ingredients over lettuce. For a crisp salad add dressing and tortilla strips just before serving.
Variations: For a lower fat count omit avocado or omit tortilla strips for a plain salad
Not suitable to be frozen.
Protein from animals is usually a higher quality than from vegetables. This is not the case for this recipe as the combination of cereal (corn) and kidney beans has increased the quality of the protein making it an ideal vegetarian meal.