Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book 7
- Cut a sheet of baking paper large enough to be doubled and that will fit your frypan.
- Cut two ring slices of capsicum about 2cm thick (middle part of capsicum). Remove white flesh and seeds to create a round shaped slice.
- Heat a non-stick frypan that has a lid at medium temperature (too hot and the bacon will burn). Place capsicum rings into pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned on one side only. Remove from pan.
- Place baking paper on base of pan then put uncooked side of capsicum onto paper. Press 2 slices of bacon into each capsicum cup going up the sides of edges so there aren’t any gaps for egg to escape.
- Carefully crack an egg into centre of each cup. Place tomato into frypan, then place lid on top and cook for 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Carefully lift eggs and tomatoes off paper using a flat spatula.
Not suitable to be frozen.
Red capsicums are high in vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant, protecting healthy cells from toxins that contribute to cancer.