Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book 5
- Omelette: Beat egg whites, whole eggs and stock powder using a whisk, together in a bowl.
- Sauté shallots, mushrooms, peas and bean shoots in a medium size non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray for 2 minutes.
- Spread vegetables out evenly over the base of the pan then pour egg mix over the top.
- Cook until egg mixture has browned on bottom (it should be still runny on top), don’t have the heat too hot or it will burn base of omelette.
- Place frypan under a heated griller until omelette is cooked on top. Cut in half and carefully lift omelette onto plates.
- Sauce: Combine cornflour and oyster sauce with water then pour into pan, stir well until boiled. Pour sauce over omelette.
Not suitable to be frozen.
The Dietary Guidelines for Australians recommend eating at least 5 serves of vegetables a day. This omelette provides an ideal way to include vegetable into a healthy eating plan for people with diabetes or heart disease.