Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 6
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Fry chicken, ginger and garlic together in a wok or large non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray until cooked. Remove chicken onto a plate and leave to one side.
- Re-spray pan and sauté carrots and broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water to pan with kaffir lime leaves, chilli, capsicum, onion, snow peas and mushrooms stirring regularly to avoid vegetables burning.
- Once vegetables are cooked to your liking, add stock powder, fish and Hoi Sin sauce, basil leaves, sugar and pepper to taste, combine well.
- Blend cornflour with water and pour into pan, stir well. Add chicken back to pan and mix with vegetables. Before serving remove kaffir lime leaves.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles or for a lower carb option use glass noodles. Not included in nutritional information below.
Suitable to be frozen.
Note from Annette: A friend asked me to create a low-fat version of this recipe as she loves it so much, so now we all can enjoy this popular Thai dish that’s normally quite high in fat.
We need five serves of vegetables daily to provide vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and this dish is loaded with vegetables. To lower the GI add a cup of cooked egg noodles, or Basmati or Doongara rice.