Difficulty | Makes 24 | Book 4
Preheat oven 200°C fan forced.
- Fry onion and garlic in a large non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray for 1 minute. Add spinach leaves and cook for 1 minute more.
- Crumble feta into a medium sized mixing bowl then add spinach mix, cheese, parmesan and pinch of nutmeg. Mix well together.
- Cut one filo sheet into 4 long strips, spray pastry with cooking spray.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture onto top corner of each strip then fold mixture over to other side diagonally. Continue folding diagonally until you reach the end of the strip to achieve a triangle shape.
- Repeat this process with remaining 5 filo sheets until you have 24 triangles in total.
- Place triangles onto a flat baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray, then spray over triangles with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
NOTE: Serve immediately as pastry will soften when left. To crisp again either place back in oven or under grill.
Suitable to be frozen.
Spinach is high in B vitamins and minerals and included in filo pastry is suitable as a snack for a person with diabetes.