Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book Cooking for 1 or 2 People
- Break cauliflower into florets then either place into a food process and pulse for a few seconds until cauliflower resembles rice or grate the cauliflower if you don’t have a food processer.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and milk using a small whisk. Place into a wok or large non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray and fry stirring occasionally until cooked. Removed from frypan to be added back later.
- Re-coat the pan with cooking spray then add the garlic, corn, peas and carrots. Stirring occasionally until carrots are cooked.
- Add diced ham and shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cauliflower into pan and fold ingredients together. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce and pepper and combine well. Fold in the egg mix then cook a further 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally until cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
Variation: For a vegetarian Fried Rice omit ham.
Suitable to be frozen.
Scroll down to watch me cook this recipe
This recipe is so low in carbohydrate it will help keep blood glucose levels and insulin stable. Research suggests this can help with controlling appetite and contribute to a feeling of fullness. Great for weight management.
Watch me make it here
Note: Competitions and promotions are finished. For your chance to win, head to my Symply Too Good Facebook page each Thursday at 2pm for my weekly cooking show – Thursdays With Annette.