Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 6
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes then rinse under cold water. Leave to cool.
- Wash potatoes and cut in quarters leaving skin on. Microwave in a little water on high for 15 minutes or until just cooked but still firm. Drain well then place into a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Fry bacon in a non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray and until browned.
- Add all ingredients to bowl except eggs. Gently fold ingredients together, being careful not to break up potato.
- Peel and cut eggs into quarters then gently fold through mixture. Refrigerate until required.
Not suitable to be frozen.
Note from Annette: Just saying the title of this recipe makes me hungry. Another interesting way to enjoy potato salad that is a little different from the recipes I have in Book 2 and Book 4.
Using bacon short cuts and low-fat mayonnaise makes this a low-fat and low-calorie salad. It is ideal for weight reduction eating plans and people with diabetes.