Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 2
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Cut 3cm off ends of asparagus spears and throw away.
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Add all other ingredients except cheese and asparagus, mix together. Pepper to taste.
- Fold half the cheese into mixture.
- Coat a quiche dish or pie plate with cooking spray, pour mixture into dish then level with back of spoon. Lay asparagus spears in a rotating fashion over top of filling with the tip facing outer edge.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch in centre. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Suitable to be frozen.
This recipe uses fat reduced cheese and low fat ham. A great way to lower saturated fat and kilojoules, making it suitable for people with diabetes.