Difficulty | Serves 8 as a side dish | Book 4
- Cook pasta as directed on packet. Rinse well and leave to one side.
- Bring a small saucepan ¾ filled with water to boil, once boiling place egg in and boil for 4 minutes.
- Rinse egg under cold water for a few minutes to cool slightly. Shell egg, leave to one side.
- Combine egg with mayonnaise and parmesan cheese using a stick blender until smooth.
- Sauté garlic and bacon in a small non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray until browned.
- Microwave corn in a little water for 2 minutes, drain.
- Combine pasta, mayonnaise dressing, bacon mix, corn, shallots and mushrooms in a medium size mixing bowl and folding ingredients together well. Refrigerate.
Note: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Not suitable to be frozen.
This pasta salad has lots of low glycaemic ingredients.