When it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle, being more organised is the answer. I have lists everywhere, post it notes on my desk and live by my diary. Being organised helps take the stress out of leading a busy life.
Here are my 10 tips to be more organised:
- Plan ahead. Write a menu of the next 7 days dinners. This way you can shop ahead, cook ahead if you get time and there is no stress over thinking about what to cook at 6pm.
- Write a to-do-list. Make a list of what you need to do for the day putting the hardest or most important at the top and work your way down. I love doing this as I can see what I have achieved for the day and it really keeps me on track.
- Make and freeze. Have a bake day once a month so you can freeze meals and baking for those busy times over the month.
- Keep notes. Don’t rely on your memory. Write everything down so you don’t forget anything.
- Be proactive. Do a de-clutter around the house or office once a week. This way things don’t pile up and then the job is bigger and more stressful.
- Delegate. You don’t have to be the font of everything. Enlist the help of others so you aren’t doing everything.
- Don’t procrastinate. It will only lead to you feeling more stressed because nothing has been done or achieved.
- Write it down. Have a whiteboard on your fridge so when you run out of food you can write it down so that way you always have a well-stocked pantry.
- Set alarms. Never run late for an appointment or miss a meeting again, set an alarm on your phone to remind you when it’s time to get ready.
- Follow the 3 P’s – Be Positive, be Patient and be Persistent. This will help you stay on track and achieve your goals.
Need more help? Here’s my tips to Start Making Yourself a Priority