When it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle, being more organised is the answer. I have lists everywhere, post it notes on my desk and live by my diary. Being organised helps take the stress out of leading a busy life.
Here are my 10 tips to be more organised:
- Plan ahead. Write a menu of the next 7 days dinners. This way you can shop ahead, cook ahead if you get time and there is no stress over thinking about what to cook at 6pm.
- Write a to-do-list. Make a list of what you need to do for the day putting the hardest or most important at the top and work your way down. I love doing this as I can see what I have achieved for the day and it really keeps me on track.
- Make and freeze. Have a bake day once a month so you can freeze meals and baking for those busy times over the month.
- Keep notes. Don’t rely on your memory. Write everything down so you don’t forget anything.
- Be proactive. Do a de-clutter around the house or office once a week. This way things don’t pile up and then the job is bigger and more stressful.
- Delegate. You don’t have to be the font of everything. Enlist the help of others so you aren’t doing everything.
- Don’t procrastinate. It will only lead to you feeling more stressed because nothing has been done or achieved.
- Write it down. Have a whiteboard on your fridge so when you run out of food you can write it down so that way you always have a well-stocked pantry.
- Set alarms. Never run late for an appointment or miss a meeting again, set an alarm on your phone to remind you when it’s time to get ready.
- Follow the 3 P’s – Be Positive, be Patient and be Persistent. This will help you stay on track and achieve your goals.
What’s one thing you can do this week to take the pressure off and help you to be more organised?
Need more help? Here’s my tips to Start Making Yourself a Priority