Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Use a meat mallet to flatten chicken breast to double the size. Cut breast in half giving you 2 pieces in total.
- Place each piece on a baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of BBQ sauce over each piece. Place half the ham on each piece of chicken.
- Drain pineapple rings well. Cut 2 rings in half lengthwise so you have 4 thin rings. Place 2 on top of each breast.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over each piece. Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and cheese has melted.
Suitable to be frozen.
This low carbohydrate high protein dish will help to maintain your blood glucose level without placing stress on your pancreas to produce insulin.