Difficulty | Makes 12 regular size tacos | Book 5
- Filling: Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Sauté mince and garlic in a non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray until browned. Add onion and cook 2 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, stock powder and taco seasoning stirring well.
- Fold in kidney beans and simmer 3 minutes.
- Taco: Cook taco shells by following instructions on packet.
- Spoon a twelfth of meat mixture into each taco shell then top with 1½ teaspoons of cheese, about 2 tablespoons fresh tomato and ¼ cup lettuce, repeat this process for each taco shell.
Taco filling suitable to be frozen.
These tacos are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Family members will enjoy being involved in assembling their own meals. A great introduction for children to the art of healthy cooking.