Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Meat sauce: Brown mince in a non-stick saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Add carrots, zucchini, onion, peas and soup, cook 2 minutes stirring continuously. Add stock powder and tomato paste, bring to boil stirring frequently.
- Fold in cooked macaroni noodles and combine well. Pour mixture into a small lasagne dish.
- Topping: Melt margarine in saucepan, add flour, cook 30 seconds. Slowly add warmed milk, whisk to avoid lumps, stir continuously until boiling.
- Pour sauce over top of meat, sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Suitable to be frozen.
NOTE: Original recipe from Book 2, serves 6.
The carbohydrate in the macaroni noodles is absorbed slowly into the body. This will give insulin ample time to take the sugar out of the blood and into the cells.